We perform various studies to facilitate human and veterinary drug development:
HDD : Human drug development
VDD : Veterinary drug development
For any additional support services such as Bioanalysis, Clinical pharmacology etc, we have a range of identified partners.
Specific projects & surgery
+ other specific partners based on type of projects.
Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics
We offer in vivo studies in companion, laboratory and production animals, including early PK, pilot & pivotal bioequivalence.
- Jugular catheterization, repeat sampling, microsampling in rodents
- Bile duct cannulation in rats, mice and dogs
- Surgical models can be performed on request
Safety & tolerance
Prior to entering human clinical trials, investigational products are routinely evaluated for safety and efficacy in pre-clinical models to understand how these drugs will perform in humans. Avogadro LS provides a large range of in vivo studies including in-life and analytical phases to support the decision making and successful advancement of drug candidates.
Veterinary target animal safety (TAS) studies are a component to the veterinary drug approval and biologics licensing process. Avogadro LS provides our clients with veterinary safety studies in support of their New Animal Drug Application (drug) or Veterinary License (veterinary biologics, immunobiologics, diagnostics) approval process.
Avogadro LS can provide veterinary companies a range of target animal safety studies for pharmaceuticals, biologicals, devices, and other products intended for the veterinary market.
- Target animal safety in all companion and food producing species.
- Local tolerance in all companion and food producing species.
- Residue studies in food producing species: residue depletion study in tissues, eggs.
- Dislogeable (wipe test) & Hair coat distribution in companion animals
Efficacy & Models
Target animal efficacy (TAE) studies represent another requirement for a drug approval or issuance of a license.. Avogadro LS provides clients with target animal efficacy study services in support of their New Animal Drug Application (drug) or Veterinary License (veterinary biologics, immunobiologics, diagnostics) approval process. Avogadro LS offers our pharmaceutical clients a range of in vivo study models. Avogadro LS can also develop specific surgical models upon request.
- Hair coat distribution testing (VDD)– Avogadro LS can evaluate the distribution of veterinary ectoparasitics and drugs over the haircoat of various species.
- Palatability testing for veterinary nutritionals, veterinary drugs, and veterinary feed (VDD)
- Acute arthritis model to evaluate the effects of veterinary drugs, biologics or devices (VDD).
- LPS induced fever model (VDD)
- Analgesic / pain models and evaluations (VDD).
- Wound healing models (HDD)
Models – Avogadro LS has large capabilities to provide our clients additional models including pharmacology induced, surgical models to assess the effects of drugs, biologics, devices, and nutritional products.
Goal: Measure pharmacodynamics parameters without animal handling
- New equipment
- Certification & training for the software utilization
- Completed 2 studies in GLP environment
- Model adapted on several species
Goal: Measure the biocompatibility of a medical devices
- New equipment acquisition: dental materials / Life-support system / gas material
- Partnership with external surgeon
- Collaboration for histopathological examination